I can't believe that I have already been out of high school longer than I was it in. It feels like just yesterday I was standing there cheering at football games on Friday nights and eating lunch at Carls Jr every day with my friends and sitting outside the yearbook classroom instead of actually going into class. I can't believe that I have already finished my undergraduate career and that I have been living in Utah for 3 years now. I can't believe that McCall and I have been together for almost 2 years already and that we are MARRIED!! I can't believe that all the people I grew up with are getting married and having children. It all seems so surreal.
Before I know it I will be done with grad school and having children of my own and they will be growing up and heading off to college themselves. It is kinda freaky and really just reminded me of this song that I love so much. The chorus goes like this...
"Don't blink.
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap
And you wake up and you're 25 and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife.
Don't blink.
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did,
Turning into moms and dads
Next thing you know your better half of 50 years is there in bed and your praying God takes you instead,
Trust me friend, 100 years goes faster than you think,
So don't blink."
How true is that? Really we blink and suddenly life has passed us by. I am finally realizing just how important it is to cherish every single moment and to live every second like your last because pretty soon the moment will be gone and you will never get it back. Don't be afraid or forget to tell your loved ones how you feel. Don't take anything for granted. Cherish your friendships. Spend time with the people who mean the most to you. Most importantly cherish your memories and never, ever forget. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment