Well it's finally over...McCall and I both conquered another semester of school and are enjoying our 1 1/2 week break before summer semester starts! Great break, we know. Since there is finally some down time I figured it was time for an update...and then I realized how big of an update it should be! Believe it or not between all the studying and working we do find some time to have some fun! First off, all the way back in March we took a trip to California to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and hang out over Spring Break. We stayed alone for 3 days...went to Venice Beach, San Diego, Downtown Disney, and just enjoyed each other's company, and then we headed to my parent's house for the rest of the week. It was such a wonderful week and a much needed break! |
In April, McCall had a birthday! The big 2-7! Unfortunately we both had school AND work on his birthday but I tried to make it special by surprising him with this Happy Bday sign, breakfast in bed, and a new U hat and U bike jersey! He loved it. I even made him a birthday cake. Needless to say the two of us were eating cake for some time! Over the weekend we went out to one of his favorite places, Tucanos, for a birthday dinner. It was delicious and so much fun! I love McCall so much and am so glad he is my husband!
Then one night...maybe or maybe not completely on impulse...I decided we needed a furry friend around the house. The fish are kinda boring, we can't have a baby at the moment (not that they are furry or anything), and we are not allowed to have dogs/cats in our apartment. So clearly the logical answer was a hamster! A dwarf hamster at that (they are so much cuter than real hamsters)! It took a little begging and pleading but McCall gave in and here is our furry little friend, Ollie...
Then of course there was Easter! The night before we dyed Easter Eggs and then the day of the Easter Bunny came and left us some goodies. ;) In the evening we headed out to Manti to have dinner with McCall's family. We had an Easter Egg hunt for the kiddos and a candy hunt for the grown-ups. =) McCall was the lucky duck who found the 5 dollar egg! It was so fun being with his family and enjoying the day. Of course I did miss my family though. It is so hard being away on holidays. I am so lucky I married into a great family that makes it a little easier.
And then most recently...during this short little break I headed home for a few days in the California sunshine! McCall did not come with me this time and I missed him like crazy, but I still had a great time with my family. My mom and I went to Santa Monica and shopped all day, we went to the beach with my grandparents, I got to see some of my oldest and best friends, I got my toes done with my best friend in the whole world, and we went to the Queen Mary for brunch on Mother's Day! It was so fun and such a blessing to be with my mom on Mother's Day. I cherish every moment spent with my family and cannot wait to be back in California again. I am not sure exactly just what it is but California simply makes me happy.
| Love my family! |
![]() |
| ALL of my family! (and McCall too) =) |
So although our lives are completely crazy right now and we hardly ever see each other we are still having a lot of fun! During the last semester McCall also went to Georgia to compete in a National Championship with his Pistol Team and has recently picked up photography as a career! I am so proud of him! He is just amazing! Other good news is that I landed two externships starting in January! I am so excited for both of them, but especially the second!! More about that to come =) All in all, I am feeling extremely blessed right about now.






No comments:
Post a Comment