
Last night the head of our whole family - my great-grandma, Grandma 99 - left this earth to be with my Grandpa and her two sons and our father in heaven once again. 9 years ago today my great-grandpa left this earth as well. Kind of odd how they passed just about the same exact day. I truly believe he was there with open arms welcoming her home.
My Grandma was one of the sweetest, strongest, and most intelligent women I knew. She was beautiful in every way imaginable and she loved her family more than anything in this world. She would have given you her right arm if you needed it. She was a hard-worker and with my great-grandpa, they built themselves an empire from scratch. She loved to travel and she loved to salt water taffy. My Grandma also loved the Olive Garden...a trait I clearly inherited from her. =) My Grandma loved the gospel and taught me to love and strive for the temple. How lucky I am to have been able to have her with me in the temple the day I was married.
Grandma 99 had a wonderful 95 years of life and although I already miss her so much, I am grateful that she is back in my Grandpa's arms because she missed him terribly. My Grandma taught me so much in my life and those lessons will be forever carried on with me.
I love you Grandma 99 and I can't wait to see you again.


I'm so sorry Kimberly...I hope everything is ok. Glad she's in heaven with your Grandpa now.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're able to be there for the funeral. It's so hard being away from home at times like this...
ReplyDeleteLove you, girl.