We have an official move date. March 21st, which is merely 7 weeks away. It's kind of surreal. This has been such a long time coming and now it is right around the corner. It still has not fully sunk it. We have a great apartment waiting for us and there are so many things I am excited for!
I am excited for the sun and flip flops 24/7. I am excited to be so close to my family and my best friend. I am excited for McCall to start grad school and for me to start my career. I am excited for the beach. I am excited for no more snow! I am excited for my favorite kiddos (MJ and Theo) to come visit and go to Disneyland. I am excited for Six Flags. I am excited to be home.
Although there are so many things to be excited about and I have been waiting for this day forever, the closer it gets the more I realize how much I will miss here in Utah as well. Sometimes people do not understand how this move could be at all bittersweet when I have wanted to move back to California for such a long time now. What they do not understand, however, is that I have made a life for myself here as well. This is home now too. There is a lot here that I will be sad to leave.
I will miss the beautiful scenery of Utah, the huge mountains and the blue, blue sky. I will miss U football games. I will miss Big Apple, Park Cafe, and Banburry Cross. I will miss my friends and my family here. I will miss the friendly people. I will miss our favorite camping spots. I will miss my apartment and I will miss my hair girl. I will miss my kiddos and I will miss being at the U. I will miss all the people and places who have helped me create so many memories and helped me make SLC home for the last 5 years.
Sometimes I think I put off too much of an impression that I hate Utah. That's not true. I could live without the freezing cold, but truth is, if my family were here as well, I would never leave. Fact of the matter is, my heart will always be torn between two places.
Although it will be hard to say goodbye to this part of my life, I am so excited for this next chapter and cannot wait to see where it takes us!


No comments:
Post a Comment