10.28.2013

Dear Emmalyn: 11 Months

This time next month I will have a one year old.  I will have a toddler, not an infant.  How did this happen?  Weren't we just in the hospital welcoming you to this world?  I remember this time last year vividly.  I just wanted Halloween to pass so it would be November.  I was getting ready to go out on maternity leave.  I cannot even believe how different life is now.  So much for the better though.  As I type this you are wandering around the room with your favorite baby and flashing me a big ol smile every now and then.  You are my favorite.


Your 10th month of life was a big one.  Here are your favorite things and biggest accomplishments this month:

  • You love to give kisses now.  It is so cute.  You only give them to certain people (which I am ok with) and you use your cute, slobbery tongue and everything. :)
  • This month we started going to baby gym class at Gymboree together with Heather and Savannah.  You absolutely love it!  I love going every week and watching you explore and learn.  It's the best!
  • You have 8 teeth now! You got a molar this month (your top left) and basically....it sucked.
  • You started walking holding only one hand this month.  
  • You also love to follow me EVERYWHERE.  I cannot even go to the bathroom alone anymore and if I dare try you sit at the door with your cute little hand underneath until I come out.
  • You really are saying "dog" "mama" and "dada".  You also sing "ey yi ey yi yo".  It is seriously the cutest thing I have ever heard!
  • You are officially wearing toddler size shoes.  Makes me kind of sad!
  • Your favorite activity right now is to push the kitchen chairs all over the kitchen.  It's hilarious.
  • You have also learned how to clean up.  It is awesome!  You must get that from your mommy. ;) All I have to do is tell you to go get me something and clean up and you do it.  You are so helpful.  One day you emptied my entire wallet and then handed me everything one by one until it was all cleaned up.
  • You are also giving really good high 5's now.  You think its pretty fun!
  • You are such a good sharer.  You love to share everything...even your mushed up food. ;)
  • You love your dolls and you love to take care of them!  It is so sweet.  You hug them and kiss them and rock them.  You're a natural little mama.  
  • You still love to read.  You will choose a book over a toy any day.
  • You had to have a whole lot of blood drawn this month too because your doctor is testing you for allergies.  You cough a lot and we are trying to figure out why.
  • Another exciting thing this month was welcoming your new cousin to the world!  Kenley was born on September 24th and we got to go to Arizona to meet her!
  • Your very biggest accomplishment this month though was your first steps!!  On October 2nd you walked for the first time!  Mommy was home with you alone and you just got up and starting moving!  You were so proud of yourself and so was I!  It was such an exciting moment!

You are the sweetest little girl in the world!  I am sad that you will not be a "baby" anymore next month, but you will always be MY baby and I am so excited to enter this next phase of your life with you!  I love you so much my sweet girl!

*xoxo


And of course a video of your very first steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment