6.04.2010

Worst.Luck.EVER

I am pretty sure if there was an award for the person with the worst luck, I would be winning right about now. Since the day we found out somebody wanted to buy my precious car, we have spend hours and hours hunting for a new one. Surprisingly we have actually found quite a few that we thought my actually work out....

It all started Wednesday morning with the cute blue Dodge Neon. It had pretty low miles and was only 3800 dollars! Sweet right?! We had already seen it and knew we liked it, so we went back to the dealer and it was....Gone. Ugh. So we just held our heads back up and moved on to the next of the thousands of used dealers on State Street. We looked at so many cars I can't even believe it. That is when we met the awesome sales guy Aaron and the Hyundai dealership. (Ps if you EVER want a new car..go there! They are AWESOME!) Aaron had nothing for us at the moment but then he remembered about this Dodge Stratus they had just gotten in. He thought it would be perfect for us, but it turned out it was still at the detail shop and wouldn't be back til the next day. So we made an appointment and headed home.

That night we went and checked out two more neons from private sellers. The first was just simply eh. It was not in the best shape and so we just walked away from it and onto the next one. I LOVED the next one! It was in great shape and even had a spoiler already! We got the farthest with this car and I for sure thought it was the one. We asked if we could take it into a shop to get it checked out and the guy said sure but he should tell us it had a rebuilt title. BUST! Of course it did...

So Thursday morning rolls around and we are all pumped up to see this Dodge Stratus, positive it would work out for us. Aaron greets us and sits us down and says..."So it turns out the Stratus has some transmission problems and I just really do not feel comfortable recommending it to you anymore." Of COURSE it does! Gosh...Aaron was so great though and is still searching for us! So we headed out to continue our search and just found a whole lot of nothing.

Last night rolled around and we drove out to a dealership to see another neon I had found. It seemed perfect and once again I was so so so excited!! We got there and the car was parked right infront of the door. It had a few dings but looked so great! McCall said "I wonder if it's being sold right now?" I said "No! It just got here today...Im sure they are just cleaning it." So we walked off to look at some other cars waiting for somebody to help us. I turned around and there was some guy taking the keys and driving off in MY neon!! I was so bummed. Seriously, why does this keep happening to me?! Ok well we still had one more car to see. A Kia Rio. It was cheap and low miles...perfect right? We get there and it seems like a fine car. We test drive it and it runs well. When we got back McCall was talking and prying the guy for more info. REBUILT TITLE!! What the heck?!? Why do all these people keep wasting our time?!

So here we are still no car because I have the world's worst luck! Tonight we are going to see a honda civic that I am totally in love with. As of 5 minutes ago it was still there. Please pray it still is at 4:30 too!!

To top all of this off....Wednesday night McCall and I were talking and I said "Man it's so great we sold my car because now we don't have to worry about paying the registration." He asked "When does it expire?" I said "Oh last month." He said "Well I hope you don't get a ticket." I replied "What? In CA you have like a 3 month grace period." He said "Well not in Utah..." So I laughed and said "Watch me get a ticket tomorrow." Well tomorrow came (yesterday) and I went to work as usual. As I was leaving Annie said "I have some bad news...I think you have a ticket on your car." WHAT?!? I walked out and sure enough I got a ticket for my registration. AWESOME! One day before we get rid of it too.

If that doesn't scream worst luck...EVER I don't really know what does!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, girl... I am so sorry. We just recently bought a new car too and it was a ton of work as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Civic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor thing.... You didn't tell me this happen but good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete