7.28.2010

A Big Ol Update

It's been a while since I have blogged (I am kinda a slacker at these things), so I figured I would just do one big ol update. Starting with the promised pictures of our new apartment. :) It is not completely done (ie we are still building our very own awesome bookshelf). It is nothing fancy, but we love our new home. :)


Thanks mom and dad for so much of our furniture and stuff!
I think my kitchen is my favorite (but only when it's clean) :)














I also love this bed spread my grandma got us for the wedding. :)
And our cute bathroom (McCall still doesn't understand why I would want to hang towels that nobody is allowed to use.) :)

We have been having so much fun this summer when we actually have some free time! A few weekends ago we decided to take a picnic on the motorcycle up Big Cottonwood. After our picnic we went for a little ride (and saw another motorcyclist ride right off the cliff.) Minus that little part, it was an awesome and beautiful day!







On our 5 month anniversary, we had made plans
to go for a bike ride and get some ice cream. We
ended up babysitting our two nephews, Jack (5
months) and Eli (5 years) for the night and the
next day. We had SO SO SO much fun with them, but we ALSO realized rather quickly that we are
NOT ready for children yet...or any time soon for
that matter! They are so tiring!! Even with that
adorable face! :) It was probably the best birth
control we have had in a long time! haha :)















Last week I had the awesome chance to go home for my mom's 50th birthday. My dad flew me in as a surprise, and man she was surprised!! It was such a great time with my family and catching up with my girl friends. On Friday we spent the whole day at the beach, which was so nice minus the awesome sunburn I got after!







On the 25th, my mom's bday, we had a nice party for her...complete with a homemade cake by me! :) It was such a blast. My mom is the greatest. She is not just my mom but my best friend and I really do not know how I would make it through this crazy life without her!





My mom and great-grandma
My mom, grandma, and my grandma's sister
Grandpa and me...love this guy.

I had SO much fun being at home, but being that it was my first time away from McCall since we got married, I was ready to come home to him. After a bit of a mix up with my ticket and a few delays, I finally got home to him and he showed up at the airport with these beautiful flowers. Pink gerber daisies (my favorite). I am seriously such a lucky girl surrounded by such wonderful people! I love my husband, my family, my friends, and my life!



McCall and I are having such a wonderful first year of marriage!! This weekend we are off to East Canyon for some camping...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment