5.26.2013

Dear Emmalyn: 6 Months


I can't believe we have hit 6 months already.  As I sit here typing this you are sitting up next to me and chatting up a storm (and a little mad at me that I won't let you play on my computer).  You are growing up so fast.  A few times this week I have sat extra long rocking you to sleep just beacuse I am realizing that I won't be able to do it forever and that makes me a little sad.  You are just becoming more beautiful and smart everyday.  This month we celebrated your 1/2 birthday with 1/2 a birthday cake!  It was so fun.  You currently weigh 16 pounds and are 27 inches!  You're gonna be tall like mommy I guess. :)  You are so much fun these days too...always learning something new.


Here's the great things you've been up to this month:

  • We have a sitter!  You sit up now all by yourself and you love it!  Mommy also loves it because that means you can sit in the shopping cart and high chairs now so no more toting around the car seat every where we go!
  • You also finally figured out how to roll from front to back!  The first time you did it you were with grandpa and he was the only one who saw for a while but you finally did it for daddy and me.  Now you do it all the time, but you have not quit figured out that you can roll back so you just get kinda pissed off. :)
  • You love to be outside.  Now that we have a house we go outside and play with Daphne a lot and you just love it.
  • You also love to play with your squeaky ball and roll it back and forth.  You like to try and imitate mommy and daddy and do it all on your own.
  • You are still bald and toothless.  Hopefully your hair and teeth grow in some time soon!
  • You still have a contagious laugh.  It is seriously my favorite sound in the whole wide world!
  • You are such a good baby.  We always get some many people telling us how amazed they are at how good you are.  Thanks for that :)
  • You have decided to stop sleeping through the night though which is kinda not so cool. ;)  You were only waking up once which wasn't so bad but now you are waking up two times a night and mommy is tired!
  • You loveee to talk ad scream.  You're a little chatterbox!
  • You still love to grab everything, especially hair.  You have recently gotten into a habit of grabbing faces too.  Noses, cheeks, eyeballs..whatever is within arms reach.
  • You are still a great eater!  You love all your baby food except turkey.  You really hate turkey.
  • One of your favorite toys is water bottles and your favorite song is Old McDonald.
  • You have also discovered that you can stand on your legs this month and now you love to do it all the time!


You continue to amaze me with your level of curiosity and all the new things you keep learning to do!  As sad as I am that you are growing so fast, I love to watch you learn!  You are amazing!


I love you more than anything! *xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment