8.12.2013

Dear Emmalyn: 8 Months

8 months old!! Ah you realize that is almost ONE right!? Just the other day I got an email that said "your baby is almost a toddler"...that almost made me cry!  However, you are SO much fun now!  I love every stage you reach more and more!  You are getting so big too!  You're wearing 9 month clothes, but I am not too sure how much you weigh/how tall you are because we have not been to the doctor in a while.  We will find out next month! 



 Here's a little of what you've been up to this month..first in photos!

 You got your first car this month..and you love it!

You went swimming in a pool for the first time!

You spent time at the beach with your bestie.

You went to Utah...

And celebrated your first 4th of July!

And you went bowling for the first time too...not that you were too impressed. ;)

It has been another exciting month watching you learn:

  • You got two top teeth this month!  However you didn't get the typical middle two first, you got the side two first so you look a little bit like a hill billy ;)  Whenever I look at you I think "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"...good thing you're still dang cute!
  • You've crawled!! Only a few times and only a few "steps"...but hey you did it!!
  • You figured out how to pull to stand and you want to do it on everything!!
  • You LOVE to swing!  We brought a swing home from Utah for you and you could go in it for hours.
  • Speaking of Utah...we took another trip there this month.  You had lots of fun with your grandparents there and your cousins!
  • You are also chatting up a storm these days.  You love the sound of your own voice I think!
  • You hold your own sippy cup and bottle now.  While this is convenient, it's also a little sad.  You're officially a "big girl".
  • You are sleeping in your own room now!  I had a really hard time with that separation but you did so great!
  • Ever since we put you in your own room you started sleeping trough the night again!  This is awesome!  You still have your occasional bad night, but hey don't we all!
  • You've decided that you only like fresh fruit..you want nothing to do with that canned stuff. But hey I can't really blame you!
  • Your hair is finally coming in and it is super blonde!  I love it!
  • And last but not least...the SLP in me knows this defies all logic...but I swear you know what a dog is and you try to say it whenever you see one.  You get pretty close to accurate too!  You also say an approximation of "uh oh" whenever you drop something.  It sounds more like "oh oh oh"  It is way too cute!
We love you more than you will ever know *xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment