11.05.2011

30 Days of Thanks...Day 5

Day 5: Climbing

 It may seem weird to be grateful for climbing but let me explain.  McCall and I have always had fun together and have enjoyed the same things, however we did not have any one activity that we both LOVED.  I bike because he likes to but I could probably do without it.  He humors me by going to the U games but he really hates football.  One might say that is one of the beautiful things about our relationship is that we know how to have fun with each other, even when we do not love what we are doing, but it would be great to have something we could both throughly enjoy.  Thanks to our wonderful friends Armyn and Tyler we discovered climbing and we both LOVE it!  We have so much fun doing this together and as I have thought about climbing more, I have realized it really is such a great couples sport.  In climbing you really and I mean really have to trust each other.  Pretty much your life is literally in your partners hands.  If McCall does not do what he is supposed to while I am on the wall, I fall, and then I probably die.  Luckily I do trust McCall and climbing has just increased that.  It has also taught us team work.  You really have to work together while climbing.  You have to communicate so you both know what to expect next.  You have to understand exactly how much support the other person wants.  Climbing also allows us to encourage each other.  When one of us is up on a wall the other is always cheering.  McCall is the greatest at helping me reach the top and cheering me on along the way.  He teaches me the best routes I should take and encourages me to keep going when I want to give up.  It really is just a lot like life.  You have to help each other up, encourage each other on the way, and sometimes have a lot of patience!  Climbing has been so good for us and has given us some real quality time together.  I truly am grateful for Armyn and Tyler for introducing us to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment