11.04.2011

30 Days of Thanks...Days 1-4

So a friend of mine started posting one thing she was grateful for every day for the whole month of November and I thought..what a great idea!  So thanks for the great idea Nichole Swink!  I could use a reminder every now and then about all the things I really do have to be grateful for and what better month to express them all than the month of Thanksgiving. :)  Obviously I have some catching up to do so here is day 1-4 all in one.

Day 1: McCall

 I am eternally grateful for my adorable, wonderful, hilarious, perfect husband.  McCall came into my life when I was probably the worst version of myself that I had ever been and he helped me become the person that I am today and the best version of myself I have ever been.  McCall has been there for me anytime I needed him for the last 3 years and I could never express to him how grateful I am for that.  McCall listens to me when I just need somebody to listen, he helps me around the house, he cooks dinner when I'm too busy or just too tired, he keeps my car up and running, he teaches me new things and pushes me to new limits, he buys me treats EVERY time I have a bad day, he believes in me, and no matter how much I drive him insane sometimes he loves me anyways.  He puts up with my crazy thoughts and dreams and does everything in his power to make me happy.  He is the greatest guy and I just love him to death.  I was blessed when he came into my life!


Day 2: My Parents

 Ok seriously...I have the most AMAZING parents in the whole world.  They are the greatest people that I know and I could never repay them for all that they have done for me.  

My mom is my best friend.  I really do not know where I would be without her.  She let's me call her anytime I need to talk or vent, she shops with me, she has listened to me cry over the dumbest things, she picks me up when I am feeling down, she believes in me and has allowed me to spread my wings and attempt anything I wanted.  My mom loves me unconditionally and allowed me to move to Utah when it was what I wanted even though it broke her heart for me to leave.  My mom is the most selfless person I know.  Her whole life she has given up the things she wants to make those that she loves most happy.  I have never heard her complain about it either.  She is the best example of a great mother I have ever experienced.  If I end up even being half the mom that she is I will consider my life accomplished.

My dad is amazing.  He is smart, funny, loving, kind...everything a girl could want in a dad.  I have never had to doubt or question how much my dad loves me my whole life.  Being his only little girl, we have a special bond.  My dad has pushed me to be the best I could be my whole life.  He watches out for me and has always made me feel safe.  My dad believes in me and knows that I can accomplish anything my heart desires.  He is always there to cheer me on and help me in any way he can.  He always makes sure my needs are met and has never stop being that caring dad.  My dad set the bar for the guy that I was to marry.  He is everything that I hope my own husband will be in a father someday.  

I was so blessed to be given my parents.  I am grateful for them.

Day 3: My Education

There are few things that nobody can ever take from you in this life, but your education is one of those things.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to obtain such an amazing education and consequently to have the career that I will have.  I am even more grateful for the opportunity I had to get that education at the University of Utah.  I dreamt of going to the U for years and when that dream was not obtainable my first year of college I was heartbroken.  My parents thought I was too young at only 17 to move to Utah alone and succeed.  They told me if I could show them that I would value my education then I could go the following year.  I worked my butt off my first year of college and received straight A's to prove that I would value every dime spent of my education and I have done so since that day.  I cannot imagine receiving a better education at any other school.  I have had amazing professors and an overall wonderful experience at the U that I will forever cherish.  
 

Day 4: My Best Friend

 We have been best friends since the 7th grade and other than the distance now between us, nothing has really changed.  Heather has been there for me since day 1 and continues to be now.  I don't know anybody who has had to listen to more crap than this girl!  She stood by my side when boys broke my heart and when I had no other friends to turn to.  She was one of the only friends from CA who stayed my friend when I moved to Utah.  There are few people that you meet in your life that you can truly be yourself around.  Heather is one of these people from me.  From the day we met, we just clicked.  I can't even remember having a fight with her!  She is the perfect best friend.  We have shared many things in our life and continue to do so.  I always know that I can turn to Heather when I need somebody to be there for me.  This girl is seriously one of a kind.  I have been blessed to have her in my life for so many years.




No comments:

Post a Comment